Our Partner is a leading, full-spectrum provider of professional and architectural lighting solutions. Now we are looking for a Demand Planner for Eastern Europe, based in Budapest.
This Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers, such as local launch policy.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain Mapics forecast database as the (current) primary forecasting system tool.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Review sales plans , customer finance Budget Updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers
- Provide input to volume planning
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Maintain demand planning system and software
- 5 years supply chain management experience (focusing on demand development and demand forecast)
- Strong English language skills both in verbal and written
- Hungarian language is a must
- Higher degree
- Creative mindset, experience in changing environment
- Continuous improvement competence
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Multinational environment
- Wide range of responsibilities
- Room for personal and professional development
- Long-term employment opportunity
- Competitive salary