Our partner provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Their product suite is powered by Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind.
In the IT Helpdesk Engineer role you will:
- Design, Create and Maintain a scalable back office infrastructure to support a growing company in a physical and cloud environment.
- Administration and maintenance of Active Directory, Exchange and other back office technologies, including office wired and wireless network equipment.
- Troubleshoot advanced issues with desktops, servers, printers, and related equipment.
- Perform daily management and maintenance of servers and associated operating systems including data backups.
- Install, upgrade, and configure client accounts, network printing, file servers, directory structures, rights, and security.
- Reduce manual IT tasks wherever possible through automation.
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate hardware and software solutions working within budget restraints.
- Provide feedback to management on project status and corporate technology needs.
- Provide mentorship and training for less experienced staff on complex issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Support end user requests through Help Desk trouble tickets.
- Design and implement infrastructure connecting multiple remote offices with our main office in Seattle.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of standards and procedures that result in an environment compliant with information security policy.
RequirementsOur ideal IT Helpdesk Engineer will have:
- BS degree in technology or equivalent certifications or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years previous experience supporting at least 100 users in a Windows environment.
- In depth experience with Windows, Mac and Linux technologies.
- Backup/Disaster Recovery.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, DHCP, etc. with experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues, both remotely and onsite.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard security practices.
- Previous experience with set up and configuration of network hardware.
- Previous experience configuring and maintaining enterprise level back up policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in a Windows domain environment.
BenefitsWhat they offer:
- Opportunity to improve your technical skills (Individual training budget)
- Very ergonomic and fancy office environment (Lifting tables, ergonomic chairs)
- Extremely comptetive salary – its not a regular bullshit
- Stock option
- Annual team building and workshop in the USA.
For more related job opportunities visit www.grafton.hu/en/job-search?disciplines=informatika-tavkozles