For our international partner we are looking for a Backend Engineer to work in their Budapest office, who thrives on designing, coding and maintaining high performance data processing applications on the JVM platform (primarily Scala). Our ideal candidate would have the skills and desire to understand our entire data stack, from DynamoDB to Kafka to Scala/Akka and the passion to champion new and exciting technologies to solve unique and challenging problems.
- Passion for building scalable web services;
- Proven experience building highly scalable and available production web services starting from the data storage layer;
- Desire to own design and architecture end to end;
- Philosophy of iteration and continuous improvement;
- BSCS + 2 years of experience or M.S. in Computer Science; or relevant experience
- Excellent communication and self-organization skills incl. working within and with other remote teams.
- Experience with functional programming in a typed setting; especially Scala
- Have experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Deeply versed in internet protocols and standards;
- Knowledge of cloud computing;
- Knowledgeable of scaling techniques (caching, message queues, eventual consistency, etc.);
- Experience with *nix.
Extra points if you:
- Are fluent in Scala;
- Have experience with stream processing solutions;
- Have at least 2 years' experience programming in a commercial setting;
- Have implemented service(s) with ML techniques;
- Have deployed services to the cloud (especially AWS);
- Have deployed docker based services;
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
For more related job opportunities visit www.grafton.hu/en/job-search?disciplines=informatika-tavkozles