Our client is extending its presence to Czech Republic with its new shared service center in Brno. As a General Ledger Expert you will be responsible for continuous development / improvement of closing fixed assets, accounts payable and inventory accounting activities.You will act as contact person to customers for accounting related topics. Plus you will advise senior accountants and junior accountants within the General Ledger Team and act as a workstream coordinator.
Your tasks and main responsibilites as a General Ledger Expert:
- Closing activities of fixed assets, inventory accounting and accounts payables incl. analytical review to ensure high closing quality
- Analyse new business contracts or models from the perspective of closing (fixed assets, accounts payable, inventory) in consideration of accounting standards and consulting with external auditors
- Provide guidance and guidelines to junior / senior accountants (incl. work instructions and operationalized guidelines)
- Develop and provide trainings related to closing activities as well as actively attending specialized international conferences
- Function of project manager or workstream leader with impact to group, e.g. harmonization and automation of closing processes under consideration of accounting standards, launching technical solutions and implementing one mutual SAP-System (one.ERP), handover of closing activity from various subsidiaries and migration into SSC
- Initiate continuous improvement and development of processes
- Present specialized fixed asset topics to operational accounting units, executive committees and specialist in departments which interface with financial statements
- Fluency in English and Hungarian (or Polish) languages
- University degree (preferably in economics / finance / accountancy)
- Minimum 5 years in external accounting / audit with focus on IFRS
- Detailed knowledge of the entire closing-related process chain and of the relevant tools and SAP modules (FI, FI-AA, FI-HR and CO).
- Very good knowledge of analytical and statistical methods for systematic process improvement, including the Six Sigma methodology.
- Project management skills
- Proven track record of developing new processes and systems
- Career opportunity in Brno
- Be part of a developing SSC
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Contribution to life/pension insurance
- Discount on company products