A major and fast expanding international company, operating all over world is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of System Administrator Unix/Linux for the following tasks:
- System administration of AIX / UNIX and Linux
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support of AIX / UNIX and Linux for supported services
- Resolve problems and issues occurred on the AIX / UNIX and Linux servers within the times specified in the SLA
- Work through problems and issues to obtain root cause analysis
- Support planning and install of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
- Support planning and applying cumulative PTF packages.
- Plan and install upgrades/new software, including some local customization.
- Support planning and installation of system software patches to fix identified problems.
- Manage system & software configurations (via change control)
- Manage clusters
- Manage Filesystems ·
- Fine-tune systems/software to improve performance
- Plan and upgrade system firmwares
- User Management (add, edit, modify, delete)
- Ensure that backups (mksysb and filesystem) of services are taking place as required - resolve any errors
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Stong communication skills in English
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Internal rewards and recognition programs
- Training activities and on-the-job coaching and mentoring
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to lead or participate in global and cross-center projects
- Career progression