We are looking for talented WebShepre Application Sever (WAS) experts or candidates who would like to participate in comprehensive projects. Due to the complexity of the work the education will take approximately 1,5 year and will include classroom, on the job, online courses. The job role to be fulfilled after the project is:
Mainframe Systems Programmer
System programmer should be self-sufficient and able to perform the majority of the tasks involved in his or her role without assistance.
Mainframe and WAS skills are not a must but advantage! In case you have no mainframe and WAS skill after joining participation on internal courses.
Accountabilities after the project:
- Building and management of WebSphere Application Server in a highly available environment on the Mainframe platforms.
- Systems/Applications Management experience using Administrative Interfaces Systems Management (Admin Console, scripting, ITCAM).
- Troubleshooting/Performance Tuning of Websphere Application Server applications.
- Ensuring environment has no single points of failure and is operationally robust (housekeeping etc) .
- Management and development of monitoring solutions for Websphere
RequirementsRequired skills: At least 3 years experience in Unix
Existing skills or ones to be reached:
- Proficient with the Unix System Services environment.
- Knowledge of UNIX commands pertinent to working with this technology.
- Application deployment techniques and procedures.
- Installation, patching, configuring and problem determination for WebSphere AS.
- Experience and capability in dealing with vendors for problem determination.
- Proficient in data transfer (and transformation) to and from host systems.
Nice to have skills:
At least 3 years experience in Unix
Mainframe skills (MVS: z/OS or OS 390, TSO/E, ISPF, JES2 or JES3, JCL, RACF, VTAM, SNA, USS, OMVS, TWS, SMF, DFHSM, DFRMM, ISMF, VSAM, SMP/E, R3S, WMQ, WMB, CICS TS, IMS)
WebSphere Application Server skills
SSL/TLS certification management
Assembler, REXX, JAVA programming knowledge
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Internal rewards and recognition programs
- Training activities and on-the-job coaching and mentoring
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to lead or participate in global and cross-center projects
- Career progression